For Every Brıght ıdea, Everywhere
Nurture your ambitions and plan for a bright future.
Libraries open doors. Join a thriving business community in your local library.
South Yorkshire and the British Library’s National Network of Business & IP Centres are transforming the way ideas grow into successful businesses. We’re supporting a thriving community of bright and inspiring people in South Yorkshire by partnering with local libraries all over the UK.
Offering insights and access to free resources, training and events – both online and in-person – we’ll help you imagine, start or develop your business. Whether you’re just setting out, need advice on protecting your intellectual property, or simply have a brilliant idea you want to discuss, we’re here to guide you.
You can find our National Network in regional hubs around Britain – each one based in a local library. We’ll meet you wherever you live and whatever your ambition. With new locations set to open soon, and a growing collection of helpful tools available online, we’re bringing business inspiration and support to more people than ever before. Nurture your ambitions and plan for a bright future.
Where to start
Protect your ideas by learning about Intellectual Property, grow your business with our support services, or find your nearest BIPC local.
Events, Workshops and One-to-ones
We have a programme of workshops, webinars and one to one advice sessions running throughout the year, from the basics of starting a business, introductions to intellectual property and expert level support.
Take a look at what we have coming up.
Take a look at our upcoming events and workshops.
Joın the thrıvıng communıty ın your local lıbrary
We’re supporting a thriving communitiy of bright and inspiring people in South Yorkshire by partnering with local libraries across the region.
Take a look at the latest news and updates.
- Get Ready for Business Growth – Scaling up your creative business? Grow with us!Creators, entrepreneurs, disruptors. If you’re ambitious and ready to grow, the British Library can help you and your business reach the next level. Get Ready for Business Growth supports businesses in the creative sector who want to scale up, expand,develop new business models or launch something new. We provide free … Read more
- South Yorkshire Celebrates Global Entrepreneurship Week 2022Global Entrepreneurship Week is an international celebration of innovators, creators and budding businesses, who launch start-ups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and seek to have a positive impact on the world around them. In support of the 15th anniversary of the Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN) and their … Read more
- Ten Things I wish I knew about Intellectual Property when I was youngerRight now in someone’s studio flat, or halls of residence or on a gap year adventure is the next founder of a tech giant
- Small Stuff, big ambitionsThe founder of a trusted eco-conscious children’s store Small Stuff, Hellen has worked in the retail sector for over 15 years.
- Start-up Day 2021The day delivered a broad programme of activities and conversations designed to support and motivate those in