This workshop may be for you
Our Business Information Databases can help you get your next job.
This one-hour online taster webinar will coach you through some important employability skills and show you how to access for free in the library valuable information to “help you stand out in the crowd” which will enable you to successfully secure your next professional job.
The webinar will introduce a range of resources which can be accessed predominantly at the Central libraries around South Yorkshire and will cover topics such as:
• Is your dream job for you?
• What skills and qualifications may be needed for a position?
• How to find companies that you might want to send a speculative CV to
• How to Network with potential employers/Interviewers
• Help you complete a winning application form
• Help you prepare for the interview – to be more confident and to “Stand out from the crowd”
The range of Business information databases that will be showcased during this workshop are: Cobra, Fame, Kompass, Mintel & IBISworld.
Some of these business information databases can be accessed from your computer but may need a library membership. Most are only available in one of the BIPCs library sites. Sheffield Central, Riverside at Rotherham, Lightbox@barnsley, Crystal Peaks and DGLAM Doncaster Central.