Book a one-to one session with BIPC staff for information about business research databases and other support
About this event
Do you need to research your market? We can give you access, at no cost, to major market research and business information databases including Mintel, IBISWorld, Fame, Grantfinder & more.
The subscription costs for many of these resources would be beyond the reach of most small businesses, so come and make use of them.
Book a one-to-one session with an Information Specialist at Sheffield Central Library to discuss access to our resources and other support. Access to computers to view databases will be part of the session.
Drop in to the Centre in the Reading Room at Sheffield Central Library to use any of the databases on our dedicated computers. A full list of resources is given below
Library opening hours: Monday to Friday 10am-5pm, Saturday 10am-4pm
To reserve Computer space in advance, telephone 0114 273 4712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need more information – contact us
Databases are available at the Business & Intellectual Property Centre in the Reading Room at the Central Library. A face covering should be worn at all times while you are on the premises
- EMIS – Emerging Markets Information Service: A global database providing company, industry and economic information including company reports and financial statements.
- Frost & Sullivan: A specialist market analysis database focusing on the sciences and technology, providing in-depth global market research and strategy reports.
- IBIS World market research reports: A global market research database providing statistics and expert analysis on industries, countries, consumers and companies.
- Mintel: Mintel provides in-depth market research reporting focussing on businesses that provide services to consumers. If you want to understand your consumers and their lifestyles– this is absolutely the go to database.
- D&B Hoovers: A comprehensive global database of company information and unincorporated businesses, with access to financial information, industry research, director and key contact details, peer groups and comparisons.
- FAME: A comprehensive database of information on both public and private companies across the UK and Ireland. It is a valuable business intelligence tool for sales and marketing.
- Kompass: The ultimate global business directory enabling you to find new business and marketing leads. Remote access online is available for library members
Advice & Funding information
- COBRA – Complete Business Reference Adviser: An encyclopaedia of practical information for anyone wanting to start a business. With thousands of factsheets, market reports and business opportunity profiles, all the information you need to start and plan your business. Remote access online is available for library members
- Grantfinder: Featuring over 8,000 continuously updated funding opportunities. If you’re looking for Grants, loans, venture capital or equity finance opportunities, this is the database for you.
- Local Data Online: Retail location data and insight for 2,700 UK locations covering over 600,000 retail and leisure units. They are examining every retail location across the UK to capture an accurate and dynamic picture of the UK high street.