Do you want to have a go at podcasting but have no idea where to start? Do you find all of the information out there overwhelming? This workshop will give you all the tools you need, from how to develop your idea, recording your audio, to getting it ‘out there’.
In this masterclass, British Podcast Award-nominated podcast producer and MIC Media boss Vic Elizabeth Turnbull will help you to turn your podcast dreams into actual, actionable reality!
Who’s it for? Anyone who has an inclination to have a podcast for themselves or their company – including absolute beginners and technophobes!
In this workshop (delivered without jargon!) you’ll –
• Go through all the stages of making a podcast
• Understand how podcasts can benefit you, your business or project
• Know what equipment to use and learn how to record remotely
• Explore ways to make your content engaging
• Discover what software you need to edit your podcast and make it sound great
• Learn how to ‘get it out there’
• and published on all the big platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify
• Get some hints and tips about how to get your podcast listeners
• and how to build a community around your podcast too!
Vic is the founder of podcast production and training social enterprise MIC Media. Their recent clients include the National Football Museum, where they produced the successful ‘Quite Unsuitable for Females’ women’s podcast that featured as #1 on Apple Podcasts New and Noteworthy, BBC R4, The Guardian, and The Times.
In 2022 she was named as one of the Top 100 Women in Social Enterprise by Pioneers Post and Natwest.
She’s a judge for the Brtish Podcast Awards, The International Women’s Podcast Awards, and the Manchester Publicity Association (MPA) Awards.
Vic founded MIC’s Podcast Club, a community for podcasters that has over 950 global members. Vic, who produced a podcast for Bauer media in 2020 with pop star Fleur East, also has her own podcast called Tourist, it’s a travel podcast with comedians.
Vic’s also the co-founder and Director of Pods Up North, a conference for podcasters.